Top 10 Online Marketing Stats Physicians Should Know
1. More than 40% of consumers say that information found via social media affects the way they deal with their health.
2. 60% of social media users are the most likely to trust social media posts and activity by doctors over any other group.
3. 18 to 24 year olds are more than 2x as likely than 45 to 54 year olds to use social media for health-related discussions.
4. 90% of people from 18 to 24 years of age said they would trust medical information shared by others on their social media networks.
5. 19% of smartphone owners have at least one health app on their phone. Exercise, diet, and weight apps are the most popular types.
6. From a recent study, 54% of patients are very comfortable with their providers seeking advice from online communities to better treat their conditions.
7. 31% of health care professionals use social media for professional networking.
8. 41% of people said social media would affect their choice of a specific doctor, hospital, or medical facility.
9. 26% of all hospitals in the US participate in social media.
10. 60% of doctors say social media improves the quality of care delivered to patients.